Advertising on Facebook: 4 steps to successful campaigns
Once upon a time, we used physical means to promote products, companies, or services. Today, the digital age has created new advertising opportunities
August 30, 2022
1- Clear and precise strategy
Facebook advertising is useful in many ways. You can advertise to promote your website or sell products in your online store. If you want results, it’s of utmost importance to have a strategy, or the “why” behind the advertisement. Here are some simple tips:
- What type of users do we want to reach with this ad?
- What is my budget? Is there a budget specifically designed for advertising content on social networks?
- What do I really want to advertise on Facebook? Does this product or service address a current problem that people have?
- When will this campaign pay off?
Finally, you need to make this strategy central to your marketing content. Don’t waste time doing it!
2- Choose the right campaign objective
Once you determine strategy, you need to define a primary objective for your ad. You have 3 to choose from. These are listed below, with their main features:
- Consideration Ad: This type of advertising drives traffic to the company’s
- website, increases video views, or promotes the company’s contact options.
- Conversion ad: In a nutshell, conversion ads increase conversion rate, which generates sales.
- Awareness ads broaden the scope of a company’s content to boost Facebook visibility.
3- Audience and location
For effective Facebook ads, identify the audience and locations where it will be posted. Simply check the “personalized audience” option and describe your target, main characteristics, lifestyle habits and location. For example, a dance company based in Trois-Rivières could only display the ad in that city.
For a less targeted and precise advertisement, “general audience” does the trick, but click rates may be lower.
A Facebook ad budget determines for how long the ad is displayed and the scope of its potential audience. If you’re satisfied with your ad, you can always add to your budget to reach a wider audience.
Finally, there are few settings required for the ad to become a reality, specifically location.
Make your Facebook Ads ad pay off!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Determined, ambitious and passionate, Laurie-Anne Nault has already acquired several years of experience in administration and customer service. She joined the Turko Marketing team in October 2021 to fulfill the role of administrative manager and social media manager.